Monday, October 18, 2010

Osho: The Luminous Rebel


When I got Vasant Joshi’s new book Osho: The Luminous Rebel, Life Story Of a Maverick Mystic for review, my manager asked, “You got spiritual books for review? Well, it might be the God’s way of sending message to you.” I was in search of my spiritual master at that time. But never even in my wildest dreams, I considered Osho, around whom controversies and scandals of inappropriate teachings surrounded.

The cover photo of the book on which Osho appears with the long beard and piercing eyes initially scared something in mind. I was reluctant to touch the book and kept it aside for some days. Then I opened the book and from the first page, he captured me. Now the eyes hold a new significance in my life. Then I realized, it is my master who should consider taking me, not the other way around.



My master has come to me. Never in my life had I been eager to read a book on any spiritual masters. Though I was surrounded by spiritually inclined friends, I was always careful to keep myself away from their so called ‘insanity.’ Now, it is my turn to become insane and in love with a master.

There are many indicators that assert the fact that I have found my master. One such one is the gaining appreciation for my short write ups. I never thought that my write ups can attract anyone in particular. But for two articles that I have written casually, good comments are coming through. No wonder, since “With Osho, words flow fluently."

As a true Guru, Osho hasn’t done any miracle in my life. However since I’ve drawn to him miracles keep happening in my life. His words revive the lost spirits and he clears my questions in silence.

There cannot be a conclusion for this article. This is just the beginning. I have to follow more works of Osho and anticipate the harmony with my life.

Publishers: Wisdom Tree
Price: Rs 245/-Only

No comments:

Post a Comment